So, it's been way too long since the last time I updated my blog! Actually... I never have updated it. That's pretty bad! I didn't have a working camera so I never did anything to update it, but then my sister gave me some special batteries that I need and now it works perfectly! Branson and I went up to his families cabin this weekend and the one thing I wasn't going to forget was the camera so I could finally take pictures and update the blog but of course... I forgot it!! So, I guess I'll give you an update with no pictures. Branson's family has a beautiful cabin up on Graham Mountain in Thatcher. We drove up right after work on Friday and stayed until Sunday. On the drive to Thatcher it was really stormy. It rained almost the entire way. It was really cool because there was a huge rainbow and on one side the sky was light and you could see the sun setting and on the other it was really dark and stormy with a lot of lightning. On our way up the mountain, we saw a ton of wild life! Branson saw a snake going across the road and so he pulled over, ran out in the street and caught it. He put it in a box in the trunk so that he could give it to his little sisters.(They LOVE animals) He also caught me a baby frog! It was so cute! I love frogs! We also saw about three skunks and... we saw a Ringtailed Cat! It was really cool!!
When we finally got to the cabin it was pretty late so we ate a little dinner, visited with the family, and it was time for bed. I was pretty nervous because before we went, Branson had told me that there were going to be tons of spiders at the cabin. So many, that you would just be sitting there and all of a sudden one would just crawl up you arm and when you slept you would feel like they were crawling all over you. Seeing as how I am a big baby and very scared of spiders so I was freaking out a little bit. Saturday was great. We had a really good breakfast, played games, and spent a lot of time outside. I also got to spend some good quality time with Grandma Lewis. She is so cute and sweet and has the best sense of humor. Branson spent most of the morning making a bow and arrow. It turned out really good. Very impressive! After that we went on a little hike. It was so beautiful up there! Everything was super green because of all the rain. That night we had a lot of fun playing games and relaxing with the family. We slept up in the loft with Alvin and Jessie. The beds up there were SO flimsy that it felt like we were sleeping on the trampoline. Always rolling to the middle. It was so fun. I did wake up a lot because I kept having dreams that spiders were falling on me from the ceiling. I am so paranoid. It was really fun being up in the loft because there was a big storm with lots of thunder and lightning and since there were skylights we got a really cool show. The cabin was so much fun! I hope we get to go again really soon!!
When we finally got to the cabin it was pretty late so we ate a little dinner, visited with the family, and it was time for bed. I was pretty nervous because before we went, Branson had told me that there were going to be tons of spiders at the cabin. So many, that you would just be sitting there and all of a sudden one would just crawl up you arm and when you slept you would feel like they were crawling all over you. Seeing as how I am a big baby and very scared of spiders so I was freaking out a little bit. Saturday was great. We had a really good breakfast, played games, and spent a lot of time outside. I also got to spend some good quality time with Grandma Lewis. She is so cute and sweet and has the best sense of humor. Branson spent most of the morning making a bow and arrow. It turned out really good. Very impressive! After that we went on a little hike. It was so beautiful up there! Everything was super green because of all the rain. That night we had a lot of fun playing games and relaxing with the family. We slept up in the loft with Alvin and Jessie. The beds up there were SO flimsy that it felt like we were sleeping on the trampoline. Always rolling to the middle. It was so fun. I did wake up a lot because I kept having dreams that spiders were falling on me from the ceiling. I am so paranoid. It was really fun being up in the loft because there was a big storm with lots of thunder and lightning and since there were skylights we got a really cool show. The cabin was so much fun! I hope we get to go again really soon!!
2 comments:
What an adventure! I love cabin trips!
Hey girl!
I saw your link on Bethany's page, I haven't seen you in forever- well since your Bachelorette party! Your blog is so cute! I love the wedding pics!
Post a Comment